Avoid the summer slide with lots of reading! Kids are encouraged to keep up their good reading habits with weekly prizes.
Check out our calendar of events, too, to keep kids busy all summer long. Registration for events will begin June 1.
Kids Summer Reading Program:
Free and open to children aged 0 to 12.
- Register beginning June 1 at the Children’s Desk or online here.
- Report your progress once per week from June 24 to August 10. (Miss a week? Catch up August 11 – 17). Bring your reading record to the library OR log your progress online here.
- Collect your prizes at the Children’s Circulation Desk.
Each week you report you will receive:
• one weekly sponsored prize
• one raffle ticket for end-of-summer prizes
• one Treasure Chest prize
- Weekly sponsored prizes must be collected in order. Log online to maximize prizes.
- Some quantities are limited. Substitutes will be available.
- Please observe coupon expiration dates.
Teen Summer Reading Program:
Free and open to teens aged 12 to 19.
- Register beginning June 1 and report your progress at the
Children’s Desk or online here (click the button that says Teens [ Age 12 – 19 ])
- Report whenever you want from June 24 through August 10. Bring your reading record to the Children’s Desk OR log your progress online here.
- Collect your tickets and prizes at the Children’s Desk.
Tickets (for end of summer prize drawings):
Read 1 book or 100 minutes
Review a book (pick up a form in the teen room)
Attend a library program
Volunteer at a library program (or for 2 hours)
Complete the end of summer survey
Prizes (one of each per person):
Sign up: sunglasses
Read 5 books or 500 minutes: backpack
Read 10 books or 1,000 minutes: swag pack
Read 15 books or 1,500 minutes: paperback book
Read 20 books or 2000 minutes: get prize pack
Read 25 books or 2500 minutes: hardcover book
The VERY LAST day to collect tickets and enter drawings is Wednesday, August 14.
End of summer prize drawings will be held at the Teens! Summer Finale: Escape the Empire event on August 15. You do not need to be present to win.