Effective Monday, March 21 we are no longer accepting book donations. Our shelves are full!
We will start taking donations again in April after our Spring Book Sale, which will be held in the Village Auditorium on April 1 – April 3.
We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank you for understanding.
Ongoing Book Sale
All year long, the library has a wall of books for sale, including withdrawn and donated books. These are found near the bathrooms.
Semi-Annual Book Sale
Manlius Library holds a semi-annual book sale every Spring and Fall. Check our calendar or newsletter to find out when the next book sale is.
Typically, our book sale is held in the Village Auditorium, down the hall from the library at One Arkie Albanese Avenue.
Typical book sale hours are 3 to 5 pm on Friday for a preview sale (with a $5 per family admission), 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday, and 1 to 4 pm on Sunday.
Prices are hard to beat! Like-new hardcover fiction books are just $3 each and many books are $1 or less. Join us on Sunday for fill-a-bag sales and half-priced deals.
Donated books may be used in the library collection, our annual book sales, and library programming. Donations of gently used hardcover or paperback books in good condition will be accepted. We will only accept the equivalent of two boxes or bags of books at one time.
Donations We Do Accept
- Hardcover books in good condition
- Paperbacks in good condition
- Mass market paperbacks in good condition
- Video games
- LPs (records)
- Complete games (must have all pieces)
- Complete Puzzles (must have all pieces)
Donations We Do Not Accept
- Cassette Tapes
- VHS Tapes
- National Geographic Magazines
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Items stored in basement or garage or covered with dust, unidentified debris, cobwebs, mold, etc.
- Items with the following: water damage, mold, missing pages, broken bindings, bad odor, etc.